Through affiliate marketing, there are very few good number who are successful enough to meet their goals and generating profit, and a ton who aren`t making anything. So, the question isn`t really whether or not affiliate marketing is a reliable income option, but what skills are required for making it work. Let`s talk about the parties involved in affiliate marketing.
An advertiser is a company selling a product like electronics, airline tickets, clothing or car parts, or an advertiser could also be an insurance company selling policies or involved in any other services. The most important thing is that you are an advertiser when you are ready to pay other people to help you sell and promote your products. They are the agencies that helps you run your business tremendously.
A publisher is an individual or company which is involved in promoting the advertiser`s business on behalf of some commission. Advertisers agree to work with a publisher, for the sake of reward, then provide the publisher with creative and interactive platform – in the form of links, banner, blogs or text ads or even unique phone numbers – that the publisher incorporates into their website.
The last but not the least component that completes the relationship triangle is the consumer. The consumer is the one who actually watches the ad or any other source of promotion and then makes an action (either by clicking a link or by ending up with purchases) that takes them from the publisher`s website to the advertiser`s to complete the action, which we call a conversion.
SOME NICHE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING
- AFFILIATE TOOLS
- CONTENTCONTENT PRODUCERS
- DATAFEED DRIVEN WEBSITES
- EMAIL MARKETERS
- LOYAL AFFILIATES
- PAY PER CALL PUBLISHERS
- SOCIAL MEDIA PUBLISHERS
- SOFTWARE TOOLBARS
- VIDEO MARKETERS
- MOBILE ORIENTED AFFILIATES
Among these we`re going to discuss the niche which has great importance i.e. coupons.
The history of coupons lies in the oldest profession (but two get one free) which is even practiced today. Every business wants to be profitable and for this they have to retain their customers. There are a lot of competitors in the market who are ready to take your position and grab your customers to themselves. Coupon is a voucher entitling with particular discount on products and services.
HOW DOES IT WORKS?
There is a huge demand of coupons nowadays. Customers are always asking for coupons from the retailer. They do not want to invest a handful amount on purchasing a product when they can acquire a coupon or a promo code.
The bottom line on coupons is that they are a terrific tool. Customers want them and you should use them. Create the need for coupons and persuade them to purchase them. If you are working as an advertiser, you are promoting those coupons for making people aware of the product by using different tools; for this you will get some commission. If the business themselves are providing the coupon then they are promoting their products for the sake of sale and getting customer insight.
WHY TO ACQUIRE COUPON?
Why do so many people resist using coupons? One reason is that some people are too embarrassed to use a coupon. They are afraid it will make them look cheap or people will think they are poor. Why pay more when you can avail the same thing at a low cost? It is a serious way of saving.
HOW TO BECOME A SUCCESSFUL AFFILIATE MARKETER
Affiliate marketing isn`t hard, but it does require knowledge, planning, and consistent effort to make any significant income. Here are some things you can do to insure your venture into affiliate marketing is successful.
- Choose the products you have Research the programs so you understand how and when you`re paid.
- Select your niche or the content on your home business website or blog.
- TARGET MARKET is of huge importance. Don`t rely on SEO or social media alone to drive traffic to your website or blog to take advantage of your affiliate recommendations. Understand whom are you targeting and identify their demand.
- Focus on email marketing. Create an email list. The most successful affiliate marketers use email in their affiliate marketing. Businesses doesn`t want emails. They want page views. They feel like more page views means more revenue today and they focus more on social media marketing and other useless tools.
- Sometimes having too many ads d-values the site or distracts readers, resulting in lower performance.
- Choose only quality affiliate products and services. In fact, consider buying them yourself so you can attest to their quality. You must know what you are promoting. You`ll be judged by the product/services you promote, so don`t just focus on the income, but also on the quality.